Monday, August 15, 2005

wishes wherever you are

Hey...

I knew you would definitely google me out one day. It would have possibly taken years for you to decide, months to convince, weeks before you actually sat before the system and typed my name on the google search box and hours before you finally submit the search string containing my full name.

And if that day is today, there will be no one happier than me. For today is your birthday and as always you know I have wished you, wherever you are.

I cant forget those wonderful years that we spent back at good ole Chennai; hanging out almost every minute together; sitting in front of the bunk canteen munching two rupee molaga bajjis; walking miles together; having aimless chats and useless arguments; every day cinemas; weekend trips to temples; semester end trips......

We would be friends forever. .. Or so we had thought.

Tearful farewell, good bye parties. Your ambition brought you to the US for higher studies and my lack of it ended me where I was destined to. Handwritten letters from you that I preserve as egyptian treasures; countless emails from you that sent me hunting for a decent internet parlor in Secunderabad; advises, opinions, chats, discussions, arguments, fights - a few thousand geographical miles were shrunk into nothing by few words between us..

Time passed by, and the distance increased slowly as we sunk into our own worlds of work. But we always knew that we could reenter each other lives anytime, as if we werent away at all.

And then fate had to intervene. Unfortunate incidents made you rush to India. It was a sad day for you and I had to lend my shoulder for you to lean on. But I didnt make it. I had "work". I spent the days and nights at office working furiously as if I were turning the whole world upside down. I had to get my work done- my project delivered. I had no care for the people who needed me. It was me, my project, my job and my career.. what a stupid moron I was.

I was busy doing my job that I failed doing my duty.

When I came around to my senses you werent there. I had dropped & shattered the glass ball while trying to juggle and keep the rubber balls from falling. I knew that the damage was irrepairable and stupid justifications wouldnt do any good. Reasons are not band-aids for broken relationships. Time was the only healer. And I decided to wait...

Someday, I know, you will forgive me, google me out, track me down.. . and we will reenter each others lives, as if we werent away from each other at all.

Until then, happy birthday, my dear friend.

Chao..

13 comments:

Ganesh said...

wow shiva

Arvind Srinivasan said...

well said....

"and we will reenter each others lives, as if we werent away from each other at all."

Wishes for this to come true !

eyeStreet times said...

Siva...who is this person ?

Anonymous said...

uhhhhhh...Siva,
Wat a emotion?...yaru antha....friend'uuuu?...

Prakash

jack said...

No worries buddy.you will be found.a search in google "Sivakumar Sethuraman" pops up your name first.So u will definitely be found.probably ur FRIEND is already a scilent reader of your blog.

The prblm now is that where your friend will read this blog if he/she is not fillowing it now.SO add some keywords about the person here so that they can see this blog :)

Shiva said...

mythili, ganesh - thanks

arvind, sen - thanks for the wishes. I hope it comes true too..

eshwar, prakash - thanks for the curiosity :)

eyeStreet times said...

Siva...u still have not answered the question !

Anonymous said...

Too good machi. I hope you meet the 'friend' soon...

Rags said...

Shiva...Good One..Ore Nostalgia...

Shiva said...

orangepixel - welcome & thanks.. Your photoblog is terrific.

Rags, desi maams - thanks da

eshwar - thanks for the curiosity dude ;)

Krish said...

Shiva, read this without commenting a couple of days back. Arjuna (arjuna_speaks) also had a similar post and I think this is a good way of letting someone know what you feel about them. Hope this also serves as a bridge to relationships that could have otherwise been lost :-)

.:: ROSH ::. said...

very moving post. yea its tough losing touch with a good friend but hey, have faith in your friendship and of course google too....Am sure someday u'll be bloggin abt your 'wish come true'.

Shiva said...

thennavan, ml - thanks :)