Wednesday, September 07, 2005

blogger in a coma

Hey..

Over 14 months of blogging
21 different categories
A total of 195 amazing posts
Somewhere close to 540 comments
Thousands of page views
Hundreds of trackbacks
More than fifteen requests to resume posts
One wonderful blogger

ssshhh.. SILENCE.....

And then all of a sudden the blogger falls into a coma !!! For the past month and more, every time I visit the blog, angry face of Master Yoda stares with a light saber - almost reflecting the angry face of loyalist readers that there isnt a new post out there.

Now, what the hell is a blog ? It is for all reasons, a personal journal. A journal maintained on the web where personal thoughts are recorded and fortunately/unfortunately exposed to public. So who has the right to come and question "why isnt there a update ?". It is the prerogative of the author, for Godssake.. it is his thoughts, his time and his decision..

Is it ?

When people frequent this journal to read, appreciate, digest, understand and debate about various topics, it is not just a journal anymore. It transforms into a column. A column where topics are not simply personal anymore. There is a social obligation to the author to feed his loyal readers with continious thought provoking articles. The author should not claim business, busy-ness, laziness, travel, distractions, boredom, unconsciousness, hibernation, habitual offence, quarter/half-life crises, lack of interest, born-a-leo, coma, even death - just like that - and use any/all of these excuses to stop his flow of words for so long..... No logoffs, shutdowns, hibernates or stand-by!!!... - RESTART the writing.

Even in fiction world, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had to bring Sherlock Holmes back to life because his readers didnt like the fact that there is no Holmes anymore. Martin Luther said "You are not just responsible for what you say; you are equally responsible for what you do not say".

I believe I have made my point.

Chao..

10 comments:

Ganesh said...

shiva koncham tea apparam koncham karam edhanacchum kodunga
raman empire romba thoongarar.

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

I guess but then again, its upto the blogger to decide whether he/she wants to blog or not as well

eyeStreet times said...

Bloggers blog about other bloggers blogging and now its a blog about other bloggers not blogging !!

Where now from here....

saurav said...

great post ... though I agree with Kroopa ...

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That was quite a tirade! Well, your blog has been taken in the best sense and I've raised myself from the self-inflicted blogging coma. Hope I never fall into another one again. With friends like you to prod me time and again, I never may!

Anonymous said...

Well .. As Blogger seems to want me to be anonymous, the above comment was by me.

- Raman
http://www.theramanempire.net

Rags said...

Cool Thing Shiva...Raman Wake Up...

Shiva said...

Ganesh, Rags - Raman has risen again finally !!

Roopa, Avik - well, you are right, but in this case the person gave a positive response :)

Eshwar - basically Iam running out of topics, maybe ?;)

And finally, my dear friend Raman - thanks for taking the cue :) I hope you dont take such a long break again. I simply love your posts.

Arvind Srinivasan said...

So you were finally successful eh ?

Shiva said...

Arvind - yep I was !

OrangePixel - thanks :)