Thursday, July 28, 2005

again and again and again

Hey..

How would it be if someone keeps saying something again and again and again ? Like, how would it be if we all start publishing our blog posts from the first one again and again ? For one, we ourselves wouldnt be interested in reading it. Certain things when repeated over and over can be sustained twice, thrice maybe - but definitely not more.

If that is the case, how is it that the TV channel TBS SuperStation exist ? And that too with a very decent viewership ? They run boundaryless repeats of every sitcom possible - Cosby Show, Home Improvement, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends and lately Sex & the City. Not just sitcoms but even movies like - Austin Powers I/II/III, Legally Blonde, Serendipity, The Truman Show.. - it is tough to differentiate one day from another in the TBS-TV.

And off late, TBS has signed up for the rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond show for the next 11 years !!. Considering the fact that Raymond had 230 shows and with the conservative show-rate of 1 epsiode per day for 5 days a week, the show will be repeated 11 full times for all the 9 seasons !!!

Not that I complain, Iam one big addict of TBS shows and my TV is always on Channel 17 from the moment I reach home uptol atleast 10:00 PM, but honestly, wouldnt it just get tiring at some point ? How can a channel target audiences with just repeating repeat performances ? That too when some of these epsiodes also perform a parallel rerun in FOX, WB, CBS and other local channels as well.

But anyways, I will stop here, 'coz TBS is showing Austin Powers - The spy who shagged me for the multi-billion trillion million gazillionth time and I havent gotten tired of it..; not yet... baby.

Chao..

13 comments:

eyeStreet times said...

Well I am beginning to hate CBS after they are bungling the F1 race telecast !!

But anyways...TBS is kewl...cause its funniest place for prime time.

Ganesh said...

may be you need get cinemax or HBO ?
angeum repeat varum not like TBS

Arvind Srinivasan said...

:-)))

Reminds me of the 'Duplex' by Glenn Mccoy last week, where the cable repair guy looks bewildered when 'Eno' tells him, my hbo cable channel keeps on showing the same movie

:P

Robbie said...

Siva:
This is one of the reasons I dont have cable, the other is money!:P

Shiva said...

eswar - me too !! CBS just spoiled last weekend..

ganesh - exactly..

arvind, robbie - :))

Rags said...

TBS rocks...Although I have seen Final Episode of Friends more than once in 2 years...
TBS rocks...Although I have seen Legally Blonde (I lost the count..) times..
TBS rocks...Though we have Sun TV with all the Tamil Soaps..or should I say Tamil Glycerines...

eyeStreet times said...

Rags..YOU HAVE A BLOGGER ID ???
Sollavaa illai ?
So whence you startin to blog ?

Shiva said...

rags has a private blog eshwar.. only by invite...;)

jack said...

well let me guess.Do you have basic cable??.

If you have basic cable TBS is the only channel which keeps beaming entertainment stuff.If u had HBO etc.you wouldn't spend this much time on TBS.

Anonymous said...

TBS = The Best Sitcoms

Be it reruns or what, I love watching everyone of them. Be it to learn more about the hidden philosophy in the show about nothing or how our very own "Ray Romano" Eshwar would be after marriage ;-)

eyeStreet times said...

daaye ramaa...yenna left hand complimentaa !?

Narayanan Venkitu said...

The fact they they show this tell us that there is viewership for these recycle materials.

FYI - I watch TBS only during games.!

But I do like watching recycled Seinfeld, Bay watch ...etc..to name a few.

GS said...

TBS? No clue what so ever! But its the same with Star Movies and HallMark and Channel 5(Singapore) and ...