Wednesday, July 06, 2005

hurry.... - the half blood prince

Hey..

Rowling will be rocking again.. In less than 10 days, the sixth installment of Harry Potter is getting released. Following the runaway success of Socerer's stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of Phoenix, the sixth release featuring Harry, Ron & Hermoine's sixth year at school will be out this year - Harry Potter & the Half-blood prince.

Most of the local bookstores have run our of reservations for a copy of the book on release date. Both Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores in my local area are planning for a midnight celebration for the book release, just like last time. If you want to grab a copy, stop here and rush to the bookstores right away, this second.

For those of you wondering about what "half-blood" means - mudblood stands of wizards born to non-wizard or ordinary & boring parents and pureblood stands for the wizards born to wizard-witch parents. So logically half blood means one of the parent is a wizard or witch. Last book ended with a small tragedy with Sirius Black's leaving his mortal life and no Quidditch game. Cant wait to see what the half blood prince has to offer.

And for those of you who think this series is just for kids - your assumptions are absolutely wrong. Give it a shot and you will not keep the books down until you have read em all, again & again.

Hurry, Harry... we are waiting.

Chao..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

>>And for those of you who think this series is just for kids - your assumptions are absolutely wrong.<<

Well, I don't know about others. But I tried Sorcerer's Stone and also Chamber of Secrets and they didn't quite appeal to my taste.

Maybe, I am too "im"mature for Harry Potter's escapades ;-) And as you know, I am a big fan of fantasy novels. So, dunno why I feel this way about Harry Potter.

Shiva said...

Am surprised that you say this Raman, given the fact that you like kids so much..

I surprised you werent impressed, but I believe that Rowling has simply done an unbelievable job of narration of the Potter series mixing wizard-world with reality..

RS said...

which reminds me I have to pre-order my copy ASAP !

GS said...

I really liked the first three books in the series. I didnt like the fourth and didnt feel like reading the fifth ... Somehow the interest is decreasing "book-upon-book"

Robbie said...

I guess I will just suck up and wait for the movie:P I read the first and the second harry potter books and lost interest midway reading the second one, I just felt that it was redundant. I liked the movies though and I like the villain. Voldemort!! oops I hope I didnt invoke his anger.

Shiva said...

RS - enjoy the sixth installment from Rowling..

Raman, Gayathri, Robbie - you all seem to share the same feeling with the series !!! Maybe too much of something is leading to the boring feel..